A married Christian woman was killed for refusing to accept Islam and marry a Muslim

CLAAS heard the news about a Christian employee of Lums University who was brutally killed for refusing to marry a Muslim named Mani Gujjar. After hearing this news today i.e. June 30, 2023, the CLAAS team went to Maher Town Lahore for condolences with the aggrieved family and collecting the real facts of this incident. The incident happened on June 06, 2023, and a case FIR No.1386/23, offence under section 302 of the PPC was registered on June 07, 2023, at Heyr Police Station Lahore on the complaint of her elder brother Zafar Karamat. After the post-mortem, on June 08, 2023, Shazia’s dead body was handed over to her family. , The brutal killers cutting her aorta and threw acid on her body. They threw her dead body in the wasteland.

The First Information Report (FIR) was registered against the unknown persons, later on; the four accused persons were nominated. The accused persons got pre-arrest bail. The police arrested Mani Gujjar who is confined in the police lockup. Police failed to arrest the remaining accused persons.

According to the facts shared by the deceased’s family that deceased Shazia was 40/42 years old and a mother of three children. She was the widow of Imran Masih who died in a road accident last year. After her husband’s death, Shazia started working at Lums University as a maid. For the last year, she was going to her job and her duty hours were from 3:00 pm in the afternoon to 11: 00 pm at night. On the day of the incident i.e. June 06, 2023, when she did not come back to her home few family members went to see her at Lums

University where they came to know that some unknown persons forcibly took her in a car. The family called to the police on 15 at Lums and informed them about the whole incident, after getting the facts from them their case was referred to the Heyr Police Station Lahore. The police called to the family at the police station and also informed them that they found a dead body. The family reached the police station and identified that she was Shazia’s dead body. They further told that after the registration of the FIR Mani Gujjar and his family locked their house and left the area. Police arrested his brother-in-law for interrogation. Later on, Mani Gujjar appeared before the police and admitted that he killed her and he alone was involved in this matter whereas the other three people are innocent.

The deceased’s brother Harry shared with CLAAS team that three days before this incident Shazia shared with her elder sister-in-law about the life threats from the accused Mani Gujjar who was offering her to accept Islam and get married to him. Upon her refusal, he gave life threats to her. Shazia did not take it seriously and forbid her sister-in-law from sharing with anyone in the family. After her murder, her sister-in-law disclosed this fact to the family.

The case is under investigation and the family did not get a post-mortem report yet. The deceased’s mother Riffat Bibi was in grief and she was crying for her. She shared that Shazia was working for her children. She was living in a rented house. The accused persons abducted her raped her and killed her brutally. She demanded justice for her daughter. Riffat is working as a maid and she is looking after the children after Shazia’s murder. The deceased’s elder son Sulman is 18 years old and is working as a trainer in a local gym. Daughter Lizu 10 years old is studying in one grade and son Ibrar 05 years old is studying in prep.

Please keep this family in your prayer. We will keep update you about the legal progress of this case.